2022 mock draft
NBA Draft time, one of the best times of the year for us basketball fans. You get to see where your favorite college stars go, and you get to plan out their entire careers in your head (I know I am not the only one who does that.) Sometimes your team makes a boneheaded pick, and it turns out good for the organization (Ex. Kristaps to the Knicks in 2015), and sometimes the boneheaded pick turns out to be as bad as you thought (Ex.Bill Simmons’ reaction to the Cavaliers selecting Andrew Bennett in 2013). Today I will accurately with no flaws, predict the first round of the NBA draft, and due to me wanting to keep this article a little less wordy I will include short summaries of each pick.
1. Houston Rockets, Paolo Banchero, PF/C, Duke
2. Detroit Pistons, Chet Holmgren, C, Gonzaga
3. Orlando Magic, Jabari Smith Jr, PF/SF. Auburn
4. Oklahoma City Thunder, AJ Griffin, SF/SG, Duke
Slightly less Tall Shot Maker
5. Sacramento Kings, Keegan Murray, PF, Iowa
Big, strong guy who can make far away shots and cool dunks.
6. Indiana Pacers, Jaden Ivey, SG, Purdue
Elite Athlete who can shoot sometimes
7. Portland Trail Blazers, Shaedon Sharpe, SG, Kentucky
Trail Blazers need a replacement for CJ, here he is.
8. San Antonio Spurs, Jalen Duren, C, Memphis
Big strong man who can dunk hard.
9. New York Knicks, Johnny Davis, SG, Wisconsin
Please let this happen
10. Washington Wizards, Benedict Mathurin, SG/SF, Arizona
The Wizards might be in the top tier for poorly run organizations. Stupid pick, Great player though.
11. New Orleans Pelicans, Jeremy Sochan, PF, Baylor
Pelicans have Zion, Zion leaves Pelicans, Pelicans need new Zion, Jeremy Sochan is
12. Los Angeles Lakers, Whoever Lebron Wants, Any position, University
Lebron has played on the Lakers for like 3 or 4 years and calls the shots? #Notmygoat
13. Atlanta Hawks, Walker Kessler, C, Auburn
Hawks need defense, Kessler is good at that I think.
14. Los Angeles Clippers, Whoever the Thunder want, Thunder University
Can we acknowledge how dumb the Clippers are? Ok that’s enough
15. Charolette Hornets, Nikola Jovic, PF, Serbia
Hornets need a post presence, I see teams year in and year out take chances on European prospects. I think the funniest one was Mario Hezonja, where is that guy lol.
16. Brooklyn Nets, EJ Liddell, PF/SF, Ohio State
Liddell is sometime a bucket, that is what the Nets need to take the pressure of Kyrie
17. Toronto Raptors, TyTy Washington, SG/PG, Kentucky
I am not a fan of TyTy’s game, but most people are. He will still go in the first
18. Cleveland Cavaliers, Patrick Baldwin Jr, Milwaukee
As a former top recruit, PB definitely has the talent, and Cleveland is the best place for a young big needing to develop.
19. Chicago Bulls, Mark Williams, C, Duke
The Bulls need defense, Mark is a really good defender.
20. Minnesota Timberwolves, Ochai Agbaji, SF/SG, Kansas
Depending on the tournament, Ochai has a great chance to shoot up draft boards.
21. Denver Nuggets, Dyson Daniels, PG, G-League
He can take over for Jamal when he’s out getting head.
22. Dallas Mavericks, Tari Eason, SF, LSU
Good player I think, I really don’t know who this is. Hopefully he’s aight.
23. Boston Celtics, Kennedy Chandler, PG, Tennessee
I am a big fan of Kennedy Chandler, he is very fast and decisive. Hopefully that translates to the NBA.
24. Utah Jazz, Kendall Brown, SF, Baylor
Good defender, Possible 3 and D player. Can end up like Bojan Bogdanovic.
25. Philidelphia 76ers, Malaki Branham, SG, Ohio State
A freshman, so time to develop. He was the Big 10 Freshman of the Year.
26. Milwaukee Bucks, Ousmane Dieng, SF, New Zealand Breakers
Maybe hes on here just because he was on the same team as Lamelo.
27. Golden State Warriors, Trevor Keels, SF/SG, Duke
He plays like Andrew Wiggins, but a little less trigger happy.
28. Miami Heat, Jalen Hardy, SG, G-League Ignite
Reminds me of pre-injury Victor Oladipo, which is good, because I feel he might
29. Memphis Grizzlies, Christian Koloko, PF, Arizona
Remember Deyonta Davis, this is his redemption arc.
30. Phoenix Suns, JD Davison, PG, Alabama
Suns are so good, I don’t know what they need. CP3 is old, but he is still so good.